Monday, October 5, 2015

I am in love with Conference!

I am in love with Conference! It is perfect.

I loved Conference. I think for me it was just what I needed to keep going when it´s getting tough. After hearing Jesse´s email this week, I don´t imagine it gets any easier going home. I have now entered adult life, I guess. I can really appreciate these last months here and try to edify and purify myself.  I rejoiced to hear the Prophet recite MY SCRIPTURE of Matthew, but my heart broke as I watch this man that I love so much suffer. He is strong, however and the Lord sustains him. God healed my worried heart as we began to sing, and testified to me that He was in charge and taking care of Tommy Monson. Imagine my joy when I imagined God Himself singing to His beloved prophet,

Fear not, I am with thee, oh be not dismayed
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I´ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand
upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand.

Wow! God is a perfect loving God, and He sustains the prophets for they are HIS! What do you think of the new apostles? I am so excited to know them. They will be great instruments for the Lord.

I am excited to see in WHAT WAYS the Lord wants me to get better, line upon line, precept upon precept. We got to see the Conference in English, so that was pretty awesome. A little weird to think that it was my last Conference in the mission. Next one and I will have been a returned missionary for three months... what? Haha. That makes time seem really really small. But I also decided that I need to stop counting the time because for a good part of my mission I counted the time because it made it slower, but I think it´s making it go by faster now! Who knows.

Today was fun, we went to Esperanza, it´s like 40 min away we have to take 2 buses, and we cleaned the capilla there, and then as a zone we played basketball. Which I love, but I am really out of shape so I told Jed we have to wait to have our tournament until March. The good thing is I am not as I was earlier in the mission, but in shape? Heck no! haha. Should I say heck no as a missionary? maybe not. I don´t know how to speak English.

What else. I guess I am just really grateful to be here, and to be part of the true Church. To have been given such... animo.... from this General Conference. GOD LIVES, and HE LOVES US! He wants us to do what´s right. When we have the Holy Ghost with us, we are going to be blessed beyond measure, and we will see who God´s children truly are. We are so blessed.

Blessing and Miracle, somehow I was guided to do a couple things with my camera chip and FOUND ALL MY PICTURES like three minutes ago. I don't know how, but God answers prayers. I love Him.

Want to send you some fun pictures from this week:
1. My awesome tan lines!
2. Waiting for conference to start.
3. It is starting to cool down, we survived summer! And God blesses us with beautiful skies.


Something beautiful that is happening to me is I am learning to stop asking God why. It is the key to life. We stop asking why and we start having faith, trust in Him, trusting that He knows what is best for us, and that one day, we will understand why. There is no need to ask. I am also learning, through a very wise mission president called of God, what it means to forget others sins, and to love them anyway. To leave your past, behind you. and the past of the rest behind them as well. I am changing, and the eternal perspective I am gaining is priceless. I will NEVER regret serving a mission.

I love you forever!

Hermana Burton

1. Hurricane season, we had a huge storm during conference but luckily didn't miss any of it! 
2. Someone took this picture and I just thought it was classic from the activity today, don´t really know what's going on or why my face looks like this but there we have it. Elder Wight, the guy in the picture, goes home with me. We can´t believe that it´s only 2 transfers more! Got to give it our all! 
3. Last but not least, with my delicious yam. Or are they sweet potatoes? What is the difference? But all means, it was delicious and helped my troubled heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment