Monday, February 23, 2015

I Hit 7 Months!!!

This week was amazing! I love being here in Obregon. Our area is very small, but lots of people with a lot of potencial live within the boundaries. My Spanish is getting really really good, I can understand everything as if it was English, and also I can almost almost say everything that I want to... I am so blessed by our Heavenly Father with the gift of tongues. Yay for blessings! Heavenly Father is awesome. 

The hermana R is so awesome! So sweet and she wants to do what is right. We are going to have lots of success in this cambio. She is really easy to get along with, so we are having a great time. 

This week was awesome because I have literally never felt the prayers for me so strong in all of my mission! I could feel the strength from the prayers that are being said for me and it gave me a lot of animo. Which I am realizing is not a word in English... umm... like encouragement. 

Some Hermanas in our Zone*The Crew Back Together Again
My Companion and I


I know the Atonement is real and that we can (and should) use it in our times of need. I absolutely LOVE that quote that you sent me. I believe with all my heart that it is true! 

I am playing the piano for this ward... Obregon is really fun. A LOT different than Huatabampo... it is more like the life in the United States and it makes me kinda weird sometimes cause I have really forgotten what life is like over there... 

We watched Meet the Mormons over here during a junta because NOW it´s in Spanish in Theaters which is like a huge miracle. I am super excited. I want everyone to go see it.  If someone who is reading this hasn´t seen it, GO SEE IT! I actually might or might not have cried when I saw University mall... yeah that was weird. to be so close to home but yet so far. And then obviously I cried of the joy of being a missionary. 

If you didn´t know, today i hit 7 months!!! yeah! i had my first member told me I was old in the mission... I am getting there! 

Today lots of joy filled my heart because I saw Hermana T and Elder W from the CCM! it has been so long since we have seen each other it was like Alma and Ammon and his bretheren... best feeling in the world! Honestly. Elder W was like.. 2 more months until the mitad (half) of your mission and I was like WOOOWWWW don´t tell me that. This cambio i will also cumplir ocho meses... so that is intense. it makes me happy but also sad at the same time. I want to be a missionary forever. This work is so hard but so incredibly beautiful and worth it! 

Remember, preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary (IT´S NECESSARY), use words. 
This Church is True! Jesus is the Christ! Our message is beautiful and true and everyone needs the chance to accept it! 

LOVE, 
seven month old Hermana Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment