Monday, November 24, 2014

Being Grateful

Woohoo! I am a 4 month old missionary! And I have been transferred. 

My Los Mochis Neighborhood*I wash my own clothes
*A dog they named BURTON, wonder why*When it rains it pours*
Grilling carne asada with Bishop




Holy cow I was so sad when I got the call. I couldn´t believe it. But I know it´s what the Lord wants and so after saying some heartfelt goodbyes to some menos activos, members, and investigatores that I love with all my heart, I arrived this morning in Huatabampo, Mexico. My companion is Hermana Trevino and she is from McCallen, Texas. So she totally speaks English. Haha, It´s super rare to have two gringas together, but here we are! Her Spanish is super amazing,  because her family is Mexican. She speaks both languages perfectly and has a little over a year in the mission. How crazy. I know we are going to have a lot of success here and I am really excited. I am also really excited because I can send you pictures! Finally. 

Thank you for your constant prayers and support. When I heard that I was leaving Los Mochis, I was incredibly sad. I kind of lost it a little bit. I couldn't believe that I was going to leave the area, especially without seeing the baptisms of my lovely V family. But over time, I felt the prompting of the Lord that I did the work that I needed to do here, and that everything was going to be okay. When we went to go say goodbye to the V family, I was surprised to see them crying. We had told them earlier that I was the one that was going to leave. I had them write in my little journal and we all had a good cry together. I will be forever grateful to Heavenly Father for the time that I had teaching them. During my time in Los Mochis, we reactivated many. And that is also good. I am so grateful that if I am obedient to the Lord, He can work through me. I am so blessed to be a missionary. 

I was especially grateful, when M, the mom of the V family, gave me a huge hug and through her tears said, Thank you for showing us the Gospel path. I know that it´s true and I don´t have words to thank you for bringing it to me and my family. I promise you that we are going to be baptized soon. I think a little part of me died. That was literally the best moment of my mission so far. To hear that from my investigator. Wow. If this is what it takes, me leaving, to get them into that baptismal font, then I´m out. WOW, I am so grateful for the blessings that came from living and serving in Los Mochis with Hermana Sanchez. I have already become a different, better person. I am happier with who I am, and where I stand with the Lord.

I am excited to hear how Thanksgiving goes. I love it here because the people ask me about our traditions. They asked me why we had Thanksgiving... haha I have no idea people, some Indians and Pilgrims ate together or something. But then I shared that we eat together and concentrate on being grateful. Hehe. I am going to pass la Navidad and the New Year here in Huatabampo, and I´m excited. I know that there are people here that the Lord needs me to teach, and I´m excited. 

I know this Church is so true. My testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith grows every day. I am learning how to love, and how to forgive, and how to master myself more that I ever could if I wouldn´t have served my mission. If you are doubting whether or not to serve a mission, do it. It´s hard, but incredibly worth it. 

Love, 
Hermana Burton 

No comments:

Post a Comment