Saturday, August 2, 2014

Loving Every Moment

Hola! I'm in my second week here at the MTC and loving every moment of it. I absolutely love my zone and district. This week we had some cool experiences. 





Hemana Turley and I had another lesson with D. We have had a couple lessons with her so far, and this lesson she really wanted to know the difference between the Catholic church and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Well we made this huge list of all the differences and was so ready to go bust out this lesson when the Spirit said to me, "Hermana Burton. The most important, crucial difference between The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and all other churches, is not these things you have listed. It is that this Church is not man-made, it is the Christ's church restored again in these latter-days." And that's when it hit me.  THAT is what I'm here to tell people! Is that this wasn't a church made by Joseph Smith, this is the Christ's church restored through the prophet, Joseph Smith. 

I fasted the morning before the lesson, and we went in after many prayers. We bore simple testimony of that same message I just wrote earlier, including the experience of Joseph's first vision of the Father and the Son. A member of the Godhead was present. I was able to speak pure Spanish as we talked with her, I didn't even have to translate in my head. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced. At the end of the lesson, I was SO NERVOUS but the Spirit told me I should challenge her to baptism. I invited her to follow the example of Christ, and be baptized because I knew the Spirit was witnessing to her that what our message was saying was true and that this choice to join the church would bless her life forever. SHE ACCEPTED! Coming out of that lesson was pure joy, a feeling I've only experienced once before in the temple, this past birthday. It's the best feeling in the world, knowing you are doing exactly what God wants you to be doing with your life, bringing others closer to Christ, and providing a way through the Church (ordinances, covenants, blessings) so that they can return and live with God again one day. 

Another experience this week was going to get my VISA! That was fun. I went on splits with Hermana Louie, (one of the girls in the other companionship in my district) and we went with a group of elderes to Salt Lake City. We took a bus to the FrontRunner, then the TRAX. then to the MEX consulat (or however you spell that) and then back again. It was fun speaking to real Mexicans in Spanish. I had some amazing missionary experiences on the train that I wish I could tell you about, but I'm running out of time. I'll just say that honestly this is God's work here on earth and it's a true calling. I've never felt so much love for all of God's children and the desire to share His Gospel with everyone. 
God lives and He loves us. 

I love you all so much, you mean the world to me. 

Love, 
Hermana Burton

PS sent a package home for the littles 
PPS HAPPY WEDDING, KEV AND LIS SO HAPPY FOR YOU! It's so weird y'all are down here. 
PPPS Spanish is going so so so so well. It sounds like English now and speaking it is coming more and more everyday 
PPPPPPPPSSSSSS thank you ALL for the handwritten letters as well, I love them! keep them coming and I'll try my best to write back.


Pictures include yo with Elders Bradham and McFarland from BYU ward (they left on Monday!, some of the elders from my district and I headed to get our visas!, the girls (and district) this Saturday and our Branch President & wife at the temple! We love him!, the Hermanas that are leaving. I will miss them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment