Monday, December 14, 2015

There Is No Other Way to Live

Where do I even start! 

Hannah Stock comes home this week! I cannot believe it. This Friday I will only have one month left. That is weird. I saw old American guys in Walmart today buying beer to go fishing, and all of my I miss America feelings left. Haha. I am very happy to be here in Mexico. I will miss it, greatly. 

Lets see, what else. Elder Avalos sent me an email. Seeing him as a missionary makes my faith SOAR! I am so glad that Heavenly Father gave me his name and that Alejandro was humble enough to accept the invitation to return to church. 

How is my health? Its not doing too good. Pray for me! I can't seem to digest anything, we have tried 2 different tratamientos (sorry I don't know how to say that in English) and they aren't working too well. But Doc says to hang in there because when I go home and start eating healthy again (here everything is so unhealthy it's nearly impossible to get better) I will recover quickly. I am excited to come home for that reason. But don't worry, it's nothing grave. (I don't know how to say that in English either) 

I am so grateful for my mission.  I feel like Elder Holland who said I don't think anyone has been changed so thoroughly in their missions as I was... honestly if we do it right, that is what a mission should do. Convert you. Change you. And I have tried to do it right. 

I feel incredibly blessed as well because I got to surprise some old hermanas from Barrio Pioneros that live nearby. They were incredibly happy to see me and I was incredibly happy to see them. We rejoiced together. Took a pic. 


I am so excited to talk to you at Christmas. Can you believe it? Less than 2 weeks away. Time goes by so quickly. 

You asked what special challenges the holidays will bring. It is very cold in the morning and night and really warm during the day so it's really easy to get sick. I wear a coat all day cause I really don't want to get more sick. Also the people start to get a little hard hearted during this time, which is ironic because they should soften their hearts but whatever. I choose to look at the good and be happy with those who are softening their hearts and embracing the gospel. 

I sure embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no other way to live. 

Two quotes for you from my study this week:

We live in perilous times; nevertheless we can find hope and peace for ourselves and for our families. Those living in sorrow, despairing at the possibility of children being rescued from where the world has taken them, must never give up. ¨BE NOT AFRAID, ONLY BELIEVE.¨ Righteousness is more powerful than wickedness. -- President Packer

And...

. -- President Eyring 

Love is a choice. That is something that I have learned here on the mission. 

And I choose to love, because it makes me a better person. It makes me more like Christ. 

We also saw the dedication of the temple of Tijuana and it was beautiful. Pres Uchtdorf dedicated it! SO fun. We are so blessed to have temples. 

How goes the work? Have you given your BOM out? Have you invited someone to FHE? Have you done your home and visiting teaching? Don't forget! BE MISSIONARIES! 

I LOVE YOU! 

Hermana Burton 

No comments:

Post a Comment