Monday, June 29, 2015

And the Best Week Ever Just Occurred

This is what white girls look like when we eat chile
How are you? I am so grateful for you and for your birthday messages. I feel bad cause we didn´t have time to reply to every one. GRACIAS!!!!

Well here I am at the computer again. Every week just goes by so quickly. I am so grateful to my HF for this week. I learned so much. First off, I was so overjoyed to hear the story about my cousin and his baptism. Okay, now I am ready to tell you about my week. 

Being with Hna Z is seriously the best thing ever. We have so much fun, and we basically are the same person. She has such a great desire to serve and do that which is right and she is progressing really quickly in her Spanish. It is a gift from the Lord. We have had so much success. We are actually going to have a baptism this week! Her name is G and her parents were baptized less than two years ago. It was a miracle in finding her, and she is so ready to be baptized! She is inviting everyone to the baptism. Actually it was super cool cause we had an appt with them yesterday night (aka the birthday!) and they had a chocoflan cake prepared for me and sang me the mexican happy birthday song and let´s just say I was very content. 

Not to say that this week has been perfect. HIJOLE. This week has been so trying! But I have really seen the hand of the Lord in my life, and I am so grateful for that. I lost my wallet early in the week and even with lots of prayers we couldn´t find it. But I got permission to call and cancel my card and when the numbers didn´t go through I called Mom and then Dad and to be able to talk to Dad in that moment was such a blessing. I love my Dad so much and this moment with him, when he helped me remember why I was on the mission and to stay calm in the crisis, I will remember that forever. We also have had to move houses, and it has been crazy. I seriously am dying of stress! Pray for me! And I feel so out of place because I am just this little 20 year old American doing big adult things like renting a house in Mexico. Ah! But it is also a great learning experience. 

Also from this week is that my conversa, Hna S, came to visit me at the iglesia el domigo! I was so happy. I couldn´t believe it. I got to play the piano in sacrament meeting as well. Okay, gotta go but thank you for all the prayers. Enjoy our pictures, we have had a great week! :) 

Hermana Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment