Monday, May 4, 2015

God Loves Us Perfectly


Less than a week and I get to talk to you. I don´t know about you but these last five months went by so fast! I am so excited to talk to you again. Sometimes I struggle in the mission because I don´t like my weakness. I know, I know, who likes their weaknesses, right? But really it was such a sweet experience this morning because my amazing companion lifted me out of a really hard spot! I am so grateful for these 2 cambios that I have had with the hna R... I really hope that by some miracle we can stay together another transfer. But it is whatever the Lord has in store. 

We had a really cool activity in the ward because we watched Meet the Mormons! And had snow cones and popcorn! And lots of people came. It made me excited to watch the movie one day in english! I love with the guy is trying to dance... it makes me laugh so hard. I seriously want to be a boxer like that lady when I get home. And of course when the mom and the missionary leave, then I always get a little (a lot) emotional. I know that God loves us and cares for us, and wants what is best for us. The truth is that even though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. I love our Heavenly Father and am so grateful to be a missionary. It sure isn´t easy, but it is worth it. 

We had a lesson this week with a very very inactive man that was really suffering from the effects of sin. We were able to teach about the Atonement, and the Spirit was very strong. The man cried and cried, and although he didn´t come to church this Sunday, I know that God was able to express the love that He has for this brother, and that I was able to be a part of that made me very happy. 

It is getting really really warm here! It is crazy. I know it is going to be way more hot, I remember when I got here I died everyday! Haha. However, I am drinking lots of water. And also getting very tan! That´s cool I guess hehe. 

I have a very simple testimony: I know God the Father lives, and that He loves us. I know He sent His Son to die for us, and that Christ suffered for every pain and trial that we have. I know we have trials so that we can understand how to become better, become closer to God, and become more sympathectic to those around us. I love the Lord, and I know we will have all our personal interviews with Him one day. I want to live in a way that He can be proud of the person who I have become. 

hermana Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment