Monday, May 11, 2015

In Barrio Pioneros

I was so happy to see you yesterday. This time was less painful... like it didn't affect me as much. It made me really happy and animated to work hard. And next time we talk, I am almost home! What in the world?  It is all happening too fast. 

Well I am here, transferred in barrio Pioneros. (pioneers) I am excited to be here. I mean it is a way different area. Really well off and everything. But I know that we are going to find exito also in what we do. I love the missionary work. Even though it´s hard. I have a feeling that this will be a good cambio. My companion is awesome. She is my first companion that isn´t Mexican or American! She is from Honduras! She is funny, and I think we are going to have exito this transfer. I always need your prayers to help me get along with comps, haha. But I am feeling that HF is helping me be more patient every day so that´s good. With myself and with others. 

You would have been so proud of me! We came to the house and lugged my maletas (how do you say that in english: suitcases?) up the stairs and the house was a PIG  STY! So we put to cleaning and unpacking right away and now the house is liveable. We are going to clean that baby all week and EVERY SINGLE PDAY. Cleanliness is next to Godliness. 

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I, too, feel like although this area was great, that doesn't mean that there aren´t greater things ahead. There are people to find and love and lives to touch in this new area. It is the ward of President M.  We eat at his house too, twice a month, so I'll be sending you pics.

I am so grateful for this chance that I have to serve my Lord. I am so grateful for all the experiences, good and bad that I have here in the mission. It just keeps going so quickly and I am so grateful :) 

Pray for me, I am always praying for you. Give the comfort of the Lord this week to those in need. 
You are the best! 
Hermana Burton


1. coolest district. 2. me and da girls 3. i got a dog! just kidding. we were at the flea market contacting a member and he let me hold his dog. 

4. one of my favorite families that i have here: Family C! 

No comments:

Post a Comment