Monday, January 5, 2015

I Can Expect Miracles

Well, I believe in miracles. 

I cried when I read your email because I forget sometimes, how many people have my back. 

We went to the doctor this Saturday, all bundled up like Russians because it`s actually getting cold out there. Okay, let`s be real it`s probably like 45 degrees in the morning but that`s really cold to me now. And the houses are built differently so it is colder in the houses than it is outside. Anyways. We took the hour bus ride to Navajoa, and my stomach was all in knots. We got to the doctor, got the results, and the doctor that was supposed to be there to discuss my condition, well she wasn`t there. So then I was super stressed out, and the nurse must have noticed because she got another doctor, who had worked with me earlier to translate my conditions... because my results are all in doctor language or something. We stepped inside his office and he asked how I was doing. I said I was doing good. I hadn`t really been walking a lot, and was feeling a lot better. He opened the results and then looked at me. I was like, what? And he said you have nothing. And I said, what? And he said you have nothing wrong with your thyroid. I started to cry. I started to cry first of frustration, if it isn`t my thyroid, what is the problem that I have? He explained to me that the worst was over and that I didn`t need to worry. I said okay and we left. He said, your lips aren`t purple anymore. Your legs aren`t swollen any more. He said I could get some compression socks to help my circulation, (like the kind Mrs Buckley has). I said no, thank you. Haha. 

I slowly realized what God had done for me. He had healed me. He has literally healed me from this sickness that I had. I now can walk without problems. My legs don`t get swollen anymore. I am taking my Aspirin every night to help with my circulation. But reading your email I know that I was healed through your faith. Through all of your prayers. I can expect miracles if I am doing what the Lord wants to me to do. 

I also got food poisoning this week, so that was hard. I was obviously super sick and the elders came to our house to give us a blessing. I was so sick I could barely lift my head from the desk where I was resting. I told Heavenly Father, I am sick of being sick. I want to work. I know thee healed me miraculously from my other enfermedad, (sickness), wilt thou heal me once more. The elders came and laid their hands upon me and said: Hermana Burton, your Heavenly Father LOVES YOU. Jesus Christ gave his life for you so that you can overcome these trials that you have. God knew you would have every one of these trials that you have in the mission because He knows your heart and He knows your strength. They blessed me to be healed. That was such a good reminder. I am so grateful for the priesthood of God and the blessings that come from it. I know God lives. I know Jesus is the Christ, and that this is His work. I know His church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He guides it. 

I believe in miracles of healing. In miracles of love, and faith. Miracles are real. 
THANK YOU for all those who put their faith in God for my cause. 

I am healed, and ready to work.  Oh! And we had transfers and I am staying here in Huatabampo with the same companion. 

Thank you for everything FAMBAM and friends. For your fasting and prayers. It means more than you know.  And mostly I am just grateful to our Heavenly Father and for our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Until next week, 

Hermana Burton 

1 comment:

  1. Oh such happy news! I too believe in the miracle of healing & of the strength that comes from fasting and prayer. I know Heavenly Father will continue to bless you, Hermana Burton, and our Savior will give you the peace & comfort you long for. I love you!

    ReplyDelete