Monday, October 13, 2014

Think About Good Things Instead

This week was so awesome. I got sick again. Twice. So that was fun, but I hit this one with a blessing almost right away so that was awesome. I am so grateful for the priesthood. I guess it´s just gonna be one of those normal things that I get sick once a week so pretty soon I´ll just stop telling you about it and you can just assume so sometime throughout the week, yeah Hermana Burton es probablemente sick right now. Haha. Thank you so much for sharing that awesome quote about the Santa Cena (Sacrament in Spanish, sweet huh?). I remember that talk being super powerful. I don´t remember if this was from the same person, but one of the talks in Conference talked about durante la Santa Cena, we need to repent of our sins, yes, but we also need to remember all the times that the Atonement has given us strength durante la semana. And I don´t know why it hit me so hard but it did. And I did it this past Sunday and man the Sacrament was powerful. When we recognize all the times that Jesus has helped us choose the right, we are strengthened so that we can choose the right again and again. He is with us more than we think. And it also inspires me to be more worthy of his presence and influence. 

So basically this Saturday we had a ward activity. It was super awesome, a talent show night I think its what it´s called in English. It was a Mexican Cultural theme. (SURPRISE haha). Well it turned all really well and so many people came. One of our menos activos who is super stubborn and won´t ever come to church CAME! And also we have this family that we are reactivating, and the husband still hasn´t come to church, but he came to the activity! And also, in two days I listened to the song Let It Go (Libre Soy en EspaƱol!) and learned the chords through listening to it and played it for one of the girls in our ward. It was AWESOME. I was so grateful for talents and for my years of practicing the piano so that I could be of service to a family that does so much for us as missionaries. One of their other daughters went with us to some of our appts this week so that was awesome. and the Dad always offers us food and rides and is so supportive of this work. This ward is awesome. Well tambien, our investigator family, the V family came to our activity! It was so awesome because we had an appt with them the night before and they had to cancel and we were so bummed because they are progressing and so we invited them to the activity, (to be honest I didn't really think they would come) and they CAME! And they had fun, they know most of the people in the ward already so that´s good too. Well then we invited them to church the next day and they said no, we can´t because we are going out of town Monday and we have to get ready because we are going to be gone for a week. And I was like, OH NO YOU DON´T SATAN, GET OUT OF THE WAY and said, well can you make it for one hour because the sacrament meeting is the most important and I know it will bless your lives, so they said, okay, yeah we can come for an hour. And then we asked them for a ride so that we could bug them more about coming to church. hahaha. No not really, to strengthen our relationship with them and so they dropped us off and said, at nine right and we said yeah. Well. Sunday comes and the services start and they are not there. And I was super sad to be honest, like really sad. Because here is this golden family that are starting to know that this church is true and they aren't where they are supposed to be, in la capilla. I prayed so hard. I was like, Heavenly Father; listen. I need a miracle here. I love this family so much and know they are ready to here the Gospel. Please send them here. Please! And lo and behold the announcements took 28 minutes (not really but took forever) and we had a baby blessing and two confirmations and right before the confirmations, they walked in. And I´ll admit it, I cried. I don´t think I've ever been so happy to see people in my life. Well it was fast and testimony meeting so after they got to see the confirmations (so cool) we had the sacrament and the spirit was super strong and then the testimonies and the testimonies were soooo good and lots of their friends went up and shared their testimonies and de hecho the bishop gave them a shoutout and everything and the parents were crying and I was on CLOUD 4000000 because it was just the best experience ever. 

God is a God of miracles and truly prepares people to hear the message and provides a way that they can come to know Him. I actually think God prepares everyone, it´s just the people that are humble enough to hear the promptings of preparation that become escogidos. 

This week was so awesome. We had cambios, pero no pasa nada, I am going to stay here in Los Mochis with Hermana Sanchez :) I´m happy. I love it here, and I love Hermana S. I was actually showering last night and thinking about how hard this mission is and how hard my life is and blah blah blah and then the Spirit was like, Well, Hermana Burton how about you think about good things instead and count your blessings. Well I started thinking of the good and all the sudden my whole perspective changed and I could feel the Holy Ghost testify to me of all my blessings and I could see more good than I have seen all of my mission if that makes sense, and today it´s been easier to look for the good and not get frustrated easily and wow my heart and spirit feel so much better. 

I gotta go preach the gospel to the world now, but I hope you all do the same, do something more than your example.. share it by words too! 

I love you, and I LOVE the Lord. 
Hermana Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment