Saturday, June 22, 2013

For God So Loved the World

One of my all time favorite scriptures can be found in Matthew 5:14-16 (KJV)

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

I am nothing special.
The one thing that sets me apart is that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm a Mormon. But even then I'm not that different because I don't do miraculous things, have a lot of money, or save the world. But through the Lord's help, I can change the world.
I have faith that if I let my "light shine" then Christ, my Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost will do the rest. I'll give all I have to share the word, obey what they say, and do God's will. I try and continue to share my light with all God's children, every human being through service and smiles.

A great verse says:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16; KJV) (capitalization mine)
And through my life I try to reply,
"Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief." (Mark 9:24 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment