Tuesday, January 28, 2020

New Beginnings


The several past years, my New Year's resolutions were ambitious. I had several categories (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) and several goals within each category. If I'm being completely honest, quite often those goals were forgotten by April and certainly not reached in December. I wanted to be better than I was, which is why I had such lofty ambitions, but this year as I sat down to set my goals I realized that such ambitions were not helping me get anywhere if I wasn't achieving them. I started to feel frustrated. How could I have failed year after year?

And then came the sweetest feeling of all. "Be gentle with yourself."

Under further reflection, I realized that although I didn't reach those very specific goals I had set for myself to grow, I had grown in other ways. I had bettered myself, I had served others, I had tried my best. And that seemed to matter most.

So what are my goals this year? Well, that's an easy one.

1. Have a healthy baby.

2. Continue to work on our healthy marriage.

3. Be healthy (mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually)

and most of all, be gentle with myself.

Happy 2020 and here's to a gentle year of progression.


No comments:

Post a Comment